13/10/13 Friendly v Bully Wee United at Toryglen Sports Centre


1-2 (1-0)


David Stewart; Ally McNaught (Allan Mackenzie), Calum Colquhoun (c) (Robert Shimmons), Alan Galindo, Allan Lennox; Adam Walker, Gary Duncan, Ross Dunbar, Craig McKenna, David Blair; Scott Macrae


A Sunday morning friendly against Clyde supporters at Toryglen.


This was our first game against BWU for three years and there was a dishevelled look amongst some of the squad after the shenanigans the day before at Prestonpans.


Particularly dishevelled was Andy Boss who arrived just before kick-off stripped and ready for action but luckily we had thirteen in the squad so he could stand easy.


David returned in goals and Sebo was also back. Just the two subs including Wee Al who was still nursing a hamstring injury but willing to make a cameo appearance.


The game was on pitch 3 which isn’t our favourite but we had the wind advantage in the first half.


Our previous two games against BWU had seen our opponents dominate but this time round we started off well and took control.


There were only seven minutes on the clock when we took the lead as LHD burst down the left and sent over a low cross. Sebo dummied/missed the ball but Adam was on hand to fire the ball home for the opener.


Our two wing men, LHD and Adam, were causing Clyde all sorts of problems and the visitors were resorting to trying to play offside on the halfway line which wasn’t working particularly well.

The two players making their 99th appearances linked up again as an Adam corner found LHD’s head but a defender cleared the ball off the line.


Just after this we had a great chance for a second goal. Ross burst forward from midfield and had a shot which the keeper spilled. The rebound fell to Ross whose shot was saved then the ball fell to Sebo this time who blasted a shot which the keeper somehow tipped over.


We had the best of the play and deserved to be more than one goal ahead when Jim the ref blew for the interval with Clyde only having one worthwhile effort, a shot which struck the top of the crossbar.


Boab came on at left back for CC at the break as we looked to build on our first half performance.


David in our goal had barely touched the ball in the first forty five but he was immediately called into action in the second half as he made a superb flying save to tip a free kick round the post.


However, we were still in the ascendancy and Adam had a long range shot saved before he missed a great chance.  Craig ran down the left and crossed the ball over to the back post where Adam was all on his own but his low shot was blocked by the keeper.


On the hour mark Clyde punished us for our missed chances when they somehow scrambled the ball into the net from a corner which we failed to clear.


Suddenly our dominance was over and Clyde started bossing the game as we tired and got deeper in defence.


Al was brought on for Ally with Boab switching wings as we continued to be on the back foot.


BWU looked to have scored a second but for Jim the ref spotting a player offside and we broke up the park for the first time in a while as LHD ran past the defence but his low shot was saved by the foot of the keeper.


Into the last few minutes and David had to make a point blank save from a forward who was one on one with him before disaster struck when we again failed to clear our lines at a corner and an unmarked BWU player headed home from inside the area.


One big final push from us but it was to no avail and we’d lost a game that we should have had wrapped up at half time.


A disappointing end to the game but we played well for most of it but were thwarted by the BWU keeper who apparently had never played in goals before !





Twitter Follow Button



QPSFC proudly support Epilepsy Scotland

In loving memory of Martin Kelly

Donate here