Game 720  19/08/2012


v Scotstoun Park Galaxy at Holyrood Sports Centre

2-1 (0-0)


Andy Dick (c); Arthur McCue (Robert Shimmons), Allan Mackenzie (Calum Colquhoun), Alan Galindo, Allan Lennox (Stuart Waugh); Ally McNaught (David Blair), Sean Connolly (Alastair Wilson), Paul Joyce, Craig McKenna; Adam Walker, Scott Macrae


Scorers: Walker, Macrae (pen)


Queen's Park Supporters FC picked up from where they left off last week with another excellent, hard fought home victory.


This time it was Anders Gibson's Scotstoun Park Galaxy side who were put to the sword, as Adam Walker and Scott Macrae (from the penalty spot) netted late on to overturn a 1-0 deficit and secure victory.

It was a team with a few changes from last week's impressive victory over Ormond Saints but we lined up in the same 4-4-2 formation as we did against the Saintees.

Captain Dick was in goals, with a four man defence of Arthur, Wee Al, Galindo and the returning Lenny in front of him. Ally, Sean, Craig and Paul (in the holding role) made up the midfield, while Sebo partnered Adam up front once again.

The first half was a close run thing with Queen's perhaps edging it, but clear cut chances for both sides were few and far between.

Craig tested the Galaxy keeper with a drive from distance and Paul was unlucky to see a glancing header float wide from Sean's corner.

It wasn't until the beginning of the second half where one side managed to get a grip on the game, and it was Scotstoun who took the initiative.

Andy Dick was busy in the Spiders goal making a number of decent stops and Scotstoun managed to take the lead on the hour mark.

A corner floated in from the left caused havoc in the box, and even with Robert on the line we couldn't keep the ball out from close range.

Queen's never gave up though and after our slow start to the half we began to feel our way back into the game. We plodded away and got our reward with fifteen minutes remaining.

A through ball managed to cut apart the Galaxy defence and Adam ran onto the ball, composed himself and bent it round the keeper and into the far corner of the net.

We were well on top now but despite our pressure we were almost punished on the break. Sub Stuart Waugh missed a clearance and Andy had to make a terrific one-on-one save to keep us level.

With five minutes to go our pressure paid off once again. Sebo held the ball up well and was pulled to the ground in the box leaving the referee no choice but to award a penalty kick.

Macrae dusted himself off, stepped up to the spot, and he slammed the penalty past the goalkeeper to give us the advantage with five minutes left.

Big Sebo had a chance to kill the game in injury time after he moved on to Craig's pass in the box, but he dragged a shot wide of the mark when it looked easier to score from the edge of the six yard area.


In the end, a deserved victory for QP to continue an excellent start to the season.


Twitter Follow Button



QPSFC proudly support Epilepsy Scotland

In loving memory of Martin Kelly

Donate here